Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday - Healthy Eating

This is my first Works For Me Wednesday and I'm excited about it. I can't wait to go back and read through others healthy recipes.

RICE LENTIL PILAF
1 TBLS. olive oil
1/2 c. thinly sliced carrots
1/2 c. fry lentils, rinsed
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1 1/2 c. vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 to 3/4 instant brown rice
4oz. (1c.) shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large skillet over mediun - high heat. Add carrots, lentils and onion. Cook and stir 3-4 min. or until veggies are crisp-tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 min. Add rice; cover and simmer 10min. or until veggies are tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice with fork. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 2 min. or until cheese is melted.
1 cup - Cal. 320 Fiber 4g. Fat 14g.
This is delicious! Even my meat loving hubby loves this as a side dish. It's a meal for me! And it can be easily adapted to a vegan diet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like it would make a nice lunch for my family. Thanks for sharing.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love lentils! Great recipe!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

mmmmmm, yummy - I love these healthy recipes!!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home