Thursday, April 19, 2007

Girly Things

When you are the only girl in the house these are the checks you buy!

I find more and more that I am buying pink things. I love pink, but I have also found that as the only girl in this house.....If it's pink, NO ONE will touch it. I have my eye on the pink ipod.

And for anyone that knows my family, you know Camo is a big part of our lives. So how appropriate for me to join in the fun. Even if it is to just pay the bills.

And if you want to feel old....

Monte - You didn't have a computer when you were a kid?

Me - No. Only one person I knew did and we thought she was rich.

Monte - So what did you type on?

Me - We had a typewriter.

Monte - What is a typewriter?

Should I tell him I also didn't have a VCR or a microwave? Or a CD player or cell phone? And ipods and DVD's didn't exist?

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh- so I love those checks! Girly camo is great. And why have I not thought of this pink thing yet? Maybe I will have to incorporate more pink now... so funny about the typewriter! I love typewriters!

Steph

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the girly camo! And ahh, I know about the typewriters etc. I still have a huge record collection but was thinking about how many kids X's age won't even know they existed!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- I love image checks- we get the "Where the Wild Things Are" ones... I'm addicted!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Crazy how far things have progressed since we were kids! I wonder how much further they'll progress when we're grandmas! Then we'll really have stories to tell.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

LOL..funny you should post this, check out my blog today!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Doh...should have read my comments sooner;) Just read your comment.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Happi said...

First of all, adorable checks. I may have to get some myself. Secondly, I know the feeling. I was recently asked, "Mom? What's a record player?" Argh.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

I love pink stuff now that I'm an adult. And YES, the world is so much different than when we were growing up! I can't imagine what it must feel like for my Grandma.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I laughed when I saw those checks. A manly look with a lady's touch!!!

I am a TOTAL pink girl -- more bright pink than pastel. My next purchase is a pair of hot pink Crocs!!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home