Monday, April 02, 2007

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Spring break is over. Oh how I miss it already. The sound of my alarm was very foreign to me this morning. It took me a minute to realize what that noise was. Selective memory? Oh do I hate that alarm.

But we did have a great spring break. We didn't go to Disney World like the boys wanted too! We stayed home and just enjoyed the amazing weather we had. We had days they wore shorts. NOT normal for the end of March. They played outside everyday and we had friends over and went to the movies. We went to the park and ate out. They started baseball practice and Carter sat in grass for the first time. (not impressed) We stayed up way past bed time and slept in everyday.

We read books and they each wrote a book. They had an author come to their school and each student was given a blank book. Monte spent weeks on his. He wrote a rough draft and his teacher made spelling and punctuation corrections. He had to copy it into his book and add pictures. He worked so hard on it and did a great job. I am very proud of the job he did.

For Hunter we did an ABC book. He did the writing himself and decided what each letter would stand for. Then he drew a picture for the letter. He had so much fun and can't wait to take it to school to show his teacher and friends. I took a picture of the books after they went to bed. I meant to take one of them with their books but forgot. For some reason my computer won't let me transfer them. Hmm.... I'll add it later I guess.

Monte is already on the bus and Hunter will leave in a little bit. The house will be quiet, and as nice as that is, I will also miss the noise that seems to follow little boys where ever they go. The one thing spring break made me realize the most..... I can't wait for summer. Bring it on!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I dragged outta bed this morning....

However, it's nice having just Mark around -- a little quieter!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Sounds like a perfect Spring Break!
Can't wait to see a picture of the boys' books, they sound great!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jennwith4 said...

I love that book idea. I'll have to do that with my kids.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You are such a great mom. It's great that you appreciate when your kids are around. Which may sound simple, but I don't know how many mom's have such a great attitude.

Jenn

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great spring break. We're still on never ending spring break here, sometimes I would like to ship one of mine off on the bus! ; )

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home