Thursday, September 21, 2006

Did You Know......

......that if a police officer knocks on your door in the middle of the night, he really does BANG on it like in the movies? Except without the open up, it's the police!

Last night around 1am I woke up to the sound of the door bell and someone banging on the door. At first I ignored it. It took me a minute to realize it was real I guess. But then I heard it again. And again. And I thought go away! But they didn't. My hubby woke up and he got up to answer the door. If I had been home alone there was no way I would have EVER opened it. They could have banged all night.

So he opens the door and there are two police officers standing there complete with flash lights shining in our eyes. They asked about some girl they were looking for. I can not remember her name, although in my sleepiness I asked like 4 times. Someone said she was staying here. I think she is like 11. I don't know much. I wish they would come back so we could say something more intelligent than Huh? What?

We are renting a duplex for a few months while they build our house, so we've only been here a couple months. I have to say that I don't feel any more safe after last night. I just hope whoever sent the police over don't come looking for this girl themselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my goodness! That's crazy!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Alli said...

YIKES!! The nosy part of me wants to know every detail of why they were there. How weird...

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home