Thursday, January 11, 2007

Are You Drinking Your Water?

Stephanie has asked me how I drink my water. I am a HUGE water drinker. I am a very thirsty person. And I too wake up in the middle of the night and need to get a glass of water. I don't remember being this thirsty the first two times I nursed, but still drink a lot even when not nursing.

I drink my water out of a Tupperware cup when I'm home. We don't drink tap water, I can really taste the chlorine in it here, so I buy water by the gallon. I like it cold from the refrigerator, no ice. If in a restaurant, I need a straw. I have very sensitive teeth.


When I leave the house I take a bottle of water with me. Not too picky on the brand, but I'll bring it home with me to refill with water from the gallon in the fridge.

I even counted one day how many cups of water I drank.....12!!! (this blue cup is 12oz.)

I know the debate on tap vs. bottled, and when our house is done I might look into getting a filter instead of buying all this water.

My boys doctor told me they need the fluoride in tap water and even recommended a vitamin for the baby that has fluoride in it since he is still just nursing, but I think we are fine. No one's had a cavity yet!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks for playing, thirsty girl! There is nothing like water when you are thirsty!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these posts are making me thirsty! I don't like our tap water either, so when we moved into our new house we bought a fridge that has the filter in it for ice and such I really think it helps...(as long as I remember to change the filter!)

12:26 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

These posts crack me up! If I had a digital, I'd take pics of all of my coffee mugs, scattered throughout the house...

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Our tap water isn't very good either so we do the same thing - refill them with bigger jugs from the fridge. Try to at least :)

I have been giving Avery flouride drops since she was just a few months old, now you got me wondering if it's necessary...

1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I, too am a HUGE water drinker. Tap. Only tap. I couldn't afford to buy bottled to help my addiction!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Hi Robin! Thanks for visiting me! Your post made me feel very, very thirsty...

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home