Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring Has Sprung

Atleast for the weekend. Anything after that is always up for grabs. But for now it's gorgeous out, the boys are playing baseball, and no one wants to do anything unless it's outside.

Yesterday I took advantage of the beautiful weather. Stripped all the beds, opened a couple windows, turned the ceiling fans on low, and even got out and took an hour long walk with Carter when the 2 older boys were at school. And he even fell asleep in the stroller. (insert my shocked face here) I met one of my new neighbors that will be moving in next week and she gave me a tour of her gorgeous home. She doesn't have any kids the same age as mine, but she was super sweet and found out we know some of the same people that go to her church.

On my walk I started thinking about the 20 baby pounds I still have to lose. Carter is 10 months now. Too old to blame it on him. It's true the older you are the harder it is to lose it. But that isn't an excuses either. I haven't really tried. I haven't taken the time to exercise. To watch more carefully the food I put in my mouth. I try to feed my family healthy. Atleast as healthy as I can get 2 growing boys to eat, but I can do better for us. For me!

I hope yesterday was a jump start. I might not be able to go to the gym 4 times a week like I did before Carter was born, but I can surely take a walk everyday. I can focus more on what is going in my mouth. I will plan our meals better so we aren't eating hot dogs and slushies at the little league field every night. But every once in a while is okay. Right?!?!

6 Comments:

Blogger Glass Half Full said...

My boys were never stroller sleepers -- lucky you!

Today was gorgeous! My boys were in and out all day. Finally I was so sick of cleaning the floor of grass blades that I surrendered and let the grass win. :)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love walks. That is a GREAT start! I wish we lived closer to do it together!!!

Steph

10:40 PM  
Blogger Josh and Deliverance said...

It's so nice you're having good weather. It's funny to know that my parents were delayed on their flight because of snow just over a week ago! We have been having unseasonably beautiful weather for weeks now. I am just waiting for it to snow again any day.

I am going through my links and cleaning them up. I am linking you on my blog if that's ok.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

I have 25 pounds to lose, pounds which I'm still blaming on the baby. Who is two. Too bad we didn't live closer together and could be exercise buddies!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Gina Conroy said...

Your title caught my eye. My life was full of all boys until five years ago when our girl was born. And I still have 20 pound to lose!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm right there with you on those last pregnancy pounds! I recently recommitted myself to have them GONE. Fortunately, my kids love being in the stroller so I can take them running every day!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home