Friday, September 22, 2006

No Bottle Please

The other day I had an appointment to get my hair cut at 3:45. Carter ate at 1:00 and when I picked Monte and Hunter up from school at 3:10, I realized I wasn't going to have enough time to nurse Carter. He eats every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

For some reason the first week of his life Carter wouldn't nurse on the left side. Who knows? So I pumped on that side until he decided it was okay.

So I told hubby that if Carter was hungry, instead of making him suffer, dethaw some of the breast milk and try giving it to him in a bottle. That didn't happen. He refused to even try to drink out of the bottle. He just kept pushing the nipple out with his tongue.

I know it was only 4 hours until he got to eat again, nothing life threatening, but it makes you feel bad that your baby was screaming for an hour because he needed you.

But it secretly made me happy that nothing but me will do :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Lex doesn't like the bottle either. Luckily I can time his feedings around times when I have to go out. He'll be starting solids soon so that will make things a little easier for us. Sometimes it is nice to know that you're really needed for something!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Ooh poor daddy though!
My baby never really took a bottle either. Just once when I had to have surgery and she had no other choice!
Like Jay said above, once you can give baby solids, it buys you some time.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home