Saturday, January 13, 2007

Why Do They Have To Grow Up?

Hunter spent his first night away from home last night. Except for when I had Carter. (they stayed at my in-laws) But this was a SLEEPOVER! With friends!

I only agreed because Monte was going to be there too. And we've known the parents for a long time now. It was actually Monte's friend's birthday, but his younger brother is Hunter's age and they are also good friends.

I dropped them off last night at 5:30, reminding Monte to look out for his brother, told Hunter over and over that he could call me and I would come get him at ANY time of night. Then got back in my car and realized the only tears shed were mine.

I felt so empty, so alone, and my hubby was working and I just couldn't go home to an empty house. So I called a great friend of mine whose hubby was also working and over to her house I went.

I spent most of the night tossing and turning, reminding myself the phone would ring if Hunter needed me. But it didn't. And now it's morning and almost time to go get them. He might be ready for this, but I'm not so sure I was.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wow! That's awesome that Monte was with him to help watch over him. That had to ease your mind some. You'll have to update us on how it went!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

WOW - what a huge milestone. I can't even imagine.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not at the sleepover stage yet but any new thing is harder on the moms than it is on the kids! It won't be long and you'll be looking forward to these sleepovers!

2:14 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I totally know where you're coming from. Hope they had fun!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

How exciting that he's growing up! It does get easier. Then comes the guilt of enjoying the evening to yourself. But, I always had mixed emotions the first few times also. On one hand, I wanted my child to have fun and be independent. A part of me still wanted to feel needed and have him call, if only to say that he missed me.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home