Friday, March 09, 2007

Not Having Internet For A Month.....

.....will drive you insane! Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad, but I had my moments. But what it will do.....

You will not tell your kids, Hold on one moment...
It will help you keep every dish in your house clean...
Help to keep your bathrooms sparkling...
And I even made ALL the beds EVERY day...
It will help you read more books...
But you also have more time to watch stupid TV...
You will go to bed early out of pure boredom...
And make you wonder what you are going to do while you drink your morning coffee...

I'm sure I spent more time with my kids, which is a good thing, but I did miss all of you. I didn't realize how much I need the connection with all you mommy friends. But looking back, it DID go by fast, and I don't need internet to survive.

But here is a sign of the times we live in......I needed to order checks, and didn't know how I was going to do that without internet. And one afternoon my husband said "I will order that tonight" to which I said, "How, we don't have internet?". I had to laugh when he held up the catalog and pointed at the 1-800 number. Oh, how spoiled we have become.

But for those that don't know this already.....When we moved they said our internet would be transfer on Feb. 21st. When that day came and went and we had no internet, my husband sat on the phone for more than an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. They said they would send someone out the next day. No one ever came. So we called again. They said it was determined there was a problem in their central line not one of ours and they didn't need to come out after all. Thanks for the phone call. And that it would be ready March 9th. And just for the record, no matter how much you complain and threaten to go to another internet provider, THEY DON'T CARE! It will be when they say and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

But I'm back. WOO HOO!!! Can't wait to get caught up on all of you......which should take another month!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!! Hope you can catch up!!

Steph

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! So glad you are back!!! I laughed where you said you didn't know what to do while having your morning coffee!! How funny and true!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm glad you're back!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Missed you and your little boys' smiles. Glad you are back!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, I've missed you!!! So glad you're back!!!
xoxo,
Ashlee

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I know how it is to go w/out internet. Our computer crashed about a year ago..and it took like 2 months to get it rebuilt. Talk about going INSANE!

Glad you are back!

8:28 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

YAY!! But how sad that your dishes got cleaned so often...

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo is right! We're all so glad you've come back to us here in blogging world!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Josh and Deliverance said...

HA! Sounds almost as bad at the customer service here. I can sympathise. At least we had a good provider that got us hooked up in days.

Welcome back.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I posted on Friday about my love/hate relationship with our computer.

Glad your back!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home