Monday, January 29, 2007

Not What I Had Planned

I have one professional picture of Carter. He was a week old. At 3 months I took him. He cried. I tried again 2 other times. Nothing. At 6 months over his brother's Christmas break I had an appointment. He started running a fever the night before. And since then I have put it off.

I finally made an appointment for today. We were going to go after we took Hunter to school and my husband was going to pick the boys up from school. Until....

Carter got this rash on his cheek. It started out Saturday morning with just a little red dot. Looked like a baby zit. Yesterday it had spread, and by this morning it's really bad. I have no idea what it is. I'm not sure the picture really shows it well.

I've gone over things I've eaten, he hasn't eaten anything new. The only think I can think of is drool. Rubbing his cheeks in it when he sleeps. But he had been unusually crabby too. So who knows.

I would like a picture of him soon. So when he grows up he doesn't think I didn't care about how cute he was!

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

We hardly do professional photos anymore. It's too much stress on me, I think. And I usually like the pictures *I take* better anyway. For example, this has to be the cutest picture ever of Carter! Adorable even with a rashy cheek!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I don't professional photos either. I figure I am pretty good at taking pictures and I just don't want to spend the money.

I wonder what the rash is. It could be anything!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I was obsessive about profesional photos, we went every single month her first year. But the pictures we take at home are way better than those anyway. Plus, I don't think you guys have any shortage of pictures, judging by all of the great ones you post.
Another thing I like to do is find some pictures that I really like and make them look fancier... crop them, turn them black and white/sepia tone and get enlargements made (VERY cheap at Wal-Mart). They almost always come out better than the proffesional ones, I think.
(OR ask Ashlee take some for you, she is an awesome photographer!!)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Do not feel bad. We have attempted to have Mark's done three times and each time an illness changed our plans.

Hope you can find the culprit to that rash. Doesn't seem that bad. Does it seem to itch or bother him?

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh-no! X had his first 'pro' photo at 7 months...I prefer to do them, but it's nice to have someone else do the work every once in a while! I almost cancelled an appointment once because the morning of X put a HUGE scratch right in the middle of his eyes - I decided to go anyway and it turned out to be one of our favorite photos ever - scratch and all!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Life With All Boys said...

I guess it's not THAT bad. (it looks worse in person then in this picture) And it doesn't seem to be bothering him, but he has been really crabby the past couple of days.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have hardly any pictures of Luke as a baby. Ben (15months at the time) broke every camera we had in the house! You still have great pictures of Carter though. Ethan is Red and Rashy from the upper lip down to his neck. Even a little on his chest. He's a drool machine! I can't keep up with it!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Happi said...

Professional photos are so stressful! We took some when Caden was about three months old but haven't done any since. It's such a hassle. You spend tons of money, and often, don't get the shot you really wanted. Keep using your digital camera. The pictures you take are adorable!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

He has such a great smile. You always seem to take really nice pictures of him. Whenever you post pictures of him I always have to smile too he's just so cute!!

We've never had our kids to a professional photographer. Leelee is too shy to smile for anyone else's camera. Lex probably would but I find that I can get just as nice pictures for not as much money. I love it when I can take outdoor pics of them.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home