Friday, April 27, 2007

Maybe I Should Have Gone Back

Carter was 6 months old at Christmas. He got a gift card to Target from my uncle and one from my aunt. It was really good timing. He was sitting up really well and I wanted to be able to put him in a shopping cart or restaurant highchair. So with his money I bought this and this.

Now I am really good about using them. Usually. But Wednesday I had running around I needed to do. We went to Target where I had to take something back and then pick up a few staples. It was cold, and it was raining. So I grabbed Carter, threw my bag over my shoulder, had my return and a blanket in my other hand and was halfway to the door when I remember my shopping cart cover. Oh well, one time won't hurt. Right? I wasn't going to be long.

Well, Thursday morning Carter woke up sick. Coincident? Or did the child in the cart before Carter have a fever, congestion in this chest that makes it sound like he can hardly breathe, with a real bad barking cough? But then I've also always heard that virus' are dormant for 48 hours before they actually show up.

Who knows......

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Poor little guy! Sorry to hear that he caught something.

The hard part is that you never know where you picked it up from, it could be anywhere. Don't beat yourself up over though, you do a great job.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

It's hard to tell with those things... germs are everywhere!! I hope he's feeling better! Noah's been out of school with PINK EYE- ah!!!

Steph

9:21 AM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Poor baby... Hope he gets better soon. FYI, I've never used anti-bacterial soaps or sprays on my kids or covered the public stuff. My kids just don't get a lot of colds. Coincidence?

I truly think some kids are just more predispositioned to get sick more often than others.

1:10 PM  
Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I was much worse than you. I was given two different shopping cart covers as gifts and I never even opened either of them.

Hope he feels better soon!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Alli said...

Good thing you don't live in Texas, 'cause I might feel guilty that it was my little germ carriers who left their contribution on the grocery cart. They're getting over exactly what you are describing. Hope he feels better soon and that he doesn't pass it to his brothers.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also heard the 48 hours thing. Who knows, hope he's better!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Carter! I've heard reports that shopping cart handles have more germs than your toilet! Gross huh? I hope he starts feeling better, and I did not know Ashlee has bags now!!!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home