Monday, April 23, 2007

My Beautiful Flowers

To a child, to MY child, dandelions are not a weed. They are a beautiful flower to be cherished. And in so many ways Hunter is the greenest of us all in this house. He is the first to make sure you recycle all that can be. He has a love for gardening and flowers like I have never seen in a child. I LOVE that in him.

So everyday when we walk to the bus stop, I get a new bouquet of "flowers". He loves to pick them. He loves to see the smile on my face when he hands them to me. He loves them SO much he asked me if we could plant some when we get our yard done this summer.

Me and hubby had a good laugh at that. You know they make stuff to get rid of those, not plant them is the comment that was made. But not in front of Hunter. We will let him go on believing dandelions are flowers for as long as he wants. Or until we get some of our own and his dad plucks them out of the ground!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Happi said...

I personally used to love dandelions until we bought a house where we learned that they are truly a nuisance. However, to our little ones they are a treasure. I agree...let's make sure they stay that way!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boys bring me dandelions every time they walk out the door. I LOVE it!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Josh and Deliverance said...

I was so crushed one time when I brought a 'bouquet' to my mom once. I hadn't even stepped in the door yet when my dad said, "Those are just weeds!" He didn't mean to hurt my feelings.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

That yellow flower is seen in this house too!

5:09 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

That is most BEAUTIFUL bouquet I've ever seen! I love getting dandelions.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Alli said...

My boys do the same thing. So sweet. And my oldest gets so upset when they die and I feel terrible for throwing them away!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Have you ever seen a hill jam packed with them in full bloom though? Absolutely beautiful.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We haven't seen dandelions in so long cause we live in the desert.. I used to take bouquets to my mom too. You know you can eat them right?!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

My son LOVES too pick them for me too. I'm not sure how but he just knew to go and pick them and then bring them to me and say "for you Mommy." Melt my little heart away if a child can make even a dandelion gorgeous!!!!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home