Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nothing Like Spoiling A Surprise

Yesterday after school Monte and Hunter came home to the smell of fresh baked cupcakes. (hubby came home with his nose in the air too) Being the awesome mom that I am, everyone got to eat one. (so maybe I didn't want to wait any longer either)

For Monte's birthday we got him this lego set, (the boy LOVES legos) and books that he has been wanting. They are the Boys Against the Girls series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. He had the first 3 books and has been bugging me for the rest. There are 12 books in all, one for each month the girls are living by the boys. (I've read the first 2 and they are really cute) I kept putting him off because 9 books at $6 each was going to add up and I knew his birthday and Christmas were coming up. So I decided to buy them all (minus the last one that isn't yet out in paperback) and give him 3 for his birthday and the rest for Christmas.

Here's where I went wrong. He opens his books and is excited, but it wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting. You see, I accidentally wrapped up the LAST 3 books I bought in the series, not the NEXT 3 he needed. I can't believe I did that! I really didn't know what to do about it at first. I mean it's silly to make him wait another month when I have the correct books sitting in my closet. But if I give him the right ones he's going to know he's getting them all for Christmas.

So.....I swapped out the wrong ones for the right ones. I think my exact words were, pretend this never happened.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben is just now getting into the regular sized legos. He's crazy about them.

Pretend this never happened- that's funny!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Oh man, I would probably do something like that!

My hubby and brothers loved legos growing up, they has a lego room, seriously, millions and millions.

That ferris wheel looks really fun!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like classic ME! Any chance he'll forget?!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh no! I think I've been involved in a couple present snafus in my lifetime. You're a great mom!

Steph

4:30 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Come on, mom, you're supposed to know everything. JUST KIDDING! I'll do this in the near future....I'm sure!

Lori

8:38 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Don't worry, he'll still be excited, it's Christmas after all :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

Oh, that is an awesome Lego gift. My son had tons of legos growing up and I still have all 500 billion in 3 large bins. Now the grand-sons are having a blast when they come over to play with them. I kept some of the kits still put together in seperate bins. I am getting Carter a set for Christmas.
I love how you handled the book swap! You are a quick thinker and wonderful mom. It sounds like he had a great birthday.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home