Monday, November 12, 2007

Braces, cysts, and jobs.....OH MY!!

I stood at the door this morning watching my boys get on the bus, knowing that I would not be home for the first time when they get off the bus this afternoon. That is not a good feeling. You see, I got a job. Not because I wanted one, but because I needed one. Atleast for now. Who knows what the future will bring.

Things have just really been piling up over here. Monte got his braces, (isn't he adorable) Hunter has a cyst in his mouth that is being removed tomorrow (neither are covered under our insurance) my car broke down Thursday night on my way home, my car and hubby's both need new tires, BAD, not to mention Christmas is almost here. You get the picture. So a part time (retail) job is what I got. We have sacrificed and done without many times, but this time there just really wasn't any other option. (believe me, this decision wasn't made over night)

I keep reminding myself that for 10 years I have been able to stay home. That is much longer than a lot of mommy's out there, but that doesn't really make it any easier. The baby is still so little, and still nursing. There will be days like this when I will only see the boys for an hour before school. And I feel bad that my hubby has to get up at 4:30am to go to work, and then come home and be mom and dad to 3 boys, ending his day when the baby goes to bed. I guess this is just another sacrifice we will make.

I've cried and cried. It's not so much working that upsets me, it's leaving the boys. I've never had to. I hardly ever even go anywhere. I even started to cry at my first interview. Yes, I'm a dork, but she was really understanding being a mom who stayed home with her kids for 10 years. I cried as I nursed the baby just a little bit ago, and then laid him down for his nap. And I'm sorta crying right now. I just hope I don't cry all over a customer tonight.

13 Comments:

Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

Bless your heart..I know it is hard to leave them, but things will get better. Hopefully it will be short term. You are still that great mommy! I can't get over how your oldest son looks so much like you...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I hope you enjoy your little time away- you are doing your best for them!

Steph

3:49 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Oh, I'm sorry. But being a good mom means looking after your children the very best you can and that is what you are doing, indeed. You're a good mama.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Take one day at a time. Like you said, hopefully this is short time. And who knows, maybe you will actually enjoy a little time away. I know it seems hard to imagine that right now.
Keep your head up. You are being a wonderful parent by showing your boys an example of a responsible loving mother, and a marriage that is a great partnership.

8:39 PM  
Blogger InTheFastLane said...

Hang in there. Sometimes you have to do what you need to do. I am sure the boys will understand.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you have to do something so difficult. It sucks. I hope today went ok, and that each day is not this hard. It IS temporary, so no worries. You'll be back home before you know it, and at least its just part-time. Hugs.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

My heart is breaking for you...
Hopefully the time apart just makes your time together that much more special.
Good luck, Robin.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We're all here for you, you know that. Anything you need, we are here to help. Reading your post brings tears to my eyes, because I know it must be hard. I have been doing the part-time work thing since Jonah was 6 weeks old, so I guess I am just used to it, not to mention that I have only been "mommy-ing" for just over 7 months now. I really hope it doesn't seem so difficult once you get in the swing of things. By doing this, you are just being the best mommy you can be for them. Those boys are absolutely the luckiest in having a mama like you.

XOXO~
Jen

3:50 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I will pray for peace for you. You are teaching your children that you do what you have to do. They may not understand it all, but they will, and they will know that they have parents who were willing to do whatever it took to give them the things that they need. I hope your day is much better than you are expecting.

7:17 AM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh sweetie. I'm sorry... I know how much it hurts to leave them. (I worked until Justin was 15 months old). I hope the transition goes smoothly for everyone.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Oh, sweetie, finally catching up over here. I've been busy and a bad blog visitor lately.

I am so sorry to hear about all the stress on your end. You are making good decisions and this will pass. HANG IN THERE!!!

Lori

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that was a hard decision to make. We've considered it before when things got SUPER tight. The only problem is, I don't know how to do anything anyone would want to pay me for! ;)

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

robin, I hope your first day went well. I can only imagine how difficult this has been but you know you're doing what's best for you all.

I hope Hunter's surgery goes smoothly. Talk soon.
love,
ashlee

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home