Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Top 10

I really am a lover of all things summer. Okay, maybe not the bugs, but Ashlee has asked for our 10 favorite things of summer.

1. Iced tea and lemonade.

2. Bike rides. We are blessed with a wonderful bike trail within biking distance from our house. I have a baby seat on mine for Carter and even he loves it. I'm seriously thinking of getting a granny seat though. Oh my aching booty.

3. Flowers and gardens.

4. Kicking the kids out of the house. Maybe that sounded a bit mean, but on a gorgeous summer day (like today) when all they want to do is sit on each other and bicker, I can yell, "go outside and play". Yes, you read that right. They kept sitting on each other and then wouldn't get up until the other one yelled loud enough. Or maybe that was me doing the yelling. Hard to tell.

5. Our pool.

6. Corn on the cob. I could care less that it's really more of a sugary carb then a healthy vegetable. Bring. It. On.

7. The 4th of July. It has to be one of my favorite holidays ever.

8. No school. I hate getting up every morning and rush rush rush. After 5 years I'm still not used to it. I doubt I ever will be.

9. Fruit. It just tastes so much better in the summer.

10. Flip flops. I'm now thinking that should have been at the top of my list. Monte asked the other day, "why do you have so many flip flops?" Because I can. I'm the mom.

11 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I have been in such an iced tea mood lately!!!

Steph

5:41 AM  
Blogger Not Just Any Jen said...

Great list! I miss the trail so much. That is one of the worst things about my new house.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Iced tea! Flowers! Yes!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

ahhh yes! I love summer. I lvoe flip flops, fresh in season fruit and veggies, the sun, pools, and going to the beach. Summer rocks, esp here in the south. LOL!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

P.S. People in NC drink sweet ice tea...everyday of the year though, not just summer. he..he...

11:05 PM  
Blogger 4funboys said...

loved # 10!!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6-9 would be on my list too! Actually I think my whole list could be fair food.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cold drinks loaded with ice sure do mean summer to me also!

6:32 PM  
Blogger It's a Beautiful Ride said...

Oh, I just love summer!

I especially love days where you can leave your windows open with a nice summer breeze!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Corn on the cob from Johnsons on US30 -- the best!

Lori

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a granny seat on my bike in Chicago. I loved it!

I always have a pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge, flavoured with some kind of fruity tea. This summer I've been making more iced coffee, though. I really need to stop all these sugary drinks!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home