Monday, May 05, 2008

Lets Recap

It was a good weekend, with a couple not so good moments. Friday night, great! Monte had a baseball game. The sky was dark, it was threatening rain, but held off until 5 minutes after we left the field. And his team had their first win of the season. Woo Hoo!

Saturday morning we got up and hurried out of the house. To the mall with 3 boys I went to exchange this pair of shoes for Hunter. I ordered them online only to find out that they run REALLY big. But lets hurry because we have to get to your hair cuts at noon.

Get to their hair cuts only to find she is running 30 minutes behind. And Carter, my normally calm (at least when we go out) child, decides he just can't help himself. He has to touch EverySingleThing on the shelves. He has to pick leaves and flowers from the geraniums her last client brought in. And he just HAS to scream at the top of his lungs when mama tells him no and removes him from the situation. I must have said 20 times, I will NEVER make the boys a hair cut at Carter's nap time again. But really, sometimes you just take the appointment when it's available. By the time we left I was sweaty, and crabby, and hungry, and needed a time out myself. Or maybe a drink. After a nice nap (Carter, I'm not that lucky) things were much better.

Sunday morning as I'm cutting a watermelon, I cut my thumb. Maybe tried to cut it off is really more accurate. I have NEVER cut myself like this before. I've nicked myself, but this time, if I went to the ER I'm sure they give me stitches. I was home alone with Hunter and Carter and they were eating breakfast. I'm standing with my hand bleeding into the sink, knowing it's bad but not wanting to freak Hunter out either. He was so sweet. He even brought me the box of band-aids before I could even ask him, and he kept asking if I was okay.

Long story short, after several band-aids and many hours I was still bleeding. Partly I'm sure because I was still using it, but really, I was trying not to. Any idea how hard it is NOT to use your thumb? So my outdoorsy, (clumsy himself) clever husband butterfly taped it shut, wrapped it in a very large band-aid and now I'm good to go. Really, no bleeding at all. Who needs those doctors, and their needle and thread.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I didn't realize that about your thumb! Hope it's much better!

Steph

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I almost pierced through my hand cutting an avocado the other day. Crazy stuff.

And that sounds like quite a full day. You're right though. What are you gonna do - you have to take the appointments when they are available. Remind me that I said that when I'm complaining about a pediatrician appointment next week that I set at a totally inconvenient time.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIKES! You're so tough:)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch! Hope your thumb is on the mend!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home