Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Post? For Real?

So whenever I don't blog for a month, or two, I always feel like I need to explain where I've been. Well, it's summer. I think that says it all. We've been swimming in our pool, going to the beach (with a 2 year old that hates sand, fun) and a few trips to the water park. Yes, I'm really raising a family of fish over here. We had a crazy but fun season of baseball, been to major league baseball games, bike rides, fishing and camping, and the occasional plane crashing into the living room!

I went shopping with just the older two boys last night. First time at the mall all summer, but they had money and both wanted new jerseys. So the mall it was. Little did I know there was a terrible storm headed our way. After standing by the doors for 15 minutes waiting for the rain to slow down, I decided to just make a run for it. After 30 minutes of gripping the steering wheel and with a headache from all the squinting I had to do from the lightning, I finally made it home safe and sound. Only to discover that the security tag was still on Hunter's jersey!

So back to the mall we went this morning after school registration (school already?) They gave me back $8 for my gas. Okay, whatever. I'll take it. But I of course got talked into lunch at the food court (I'm weak when I'm hungry) and a little trip into Abercrombie. Where Carter grabbed the top of his stroller where I had put my pop and the boys blue slushies. (I told you I'm a push over) Two blue slushies and one pepsi flying through the air in a store that I can barely afford anything in. Nice. Oh, and did I mention the kids working there are like one day older then 16! Attitude. But then again I'm assuming they don't have any experience with toddlers who don't want to sit still and like to grab at everything.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hyperactive Lu said...

Sounds like a great summer... our school system starts next Monday. Where does the summer go?!

3:44 PM  
Blogger InTheFastLane said...

What fun :) Wink, Wink....

I have to register Dash for school tomorrow. It seems awful early.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh no! I am so weak for the food court, too. That sounds so good right about now, but the drive out there- not so much!

Steph

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

Oh, I'm so glad you are back. I missed you! I can't believe you were caught in that horrible storm, and with kids to boot. I hate it when I have to take something back because of the security tag. You poor thing. All that water fun sounds like a great summer so far for your boys. I want to just float on a lazy river before summer is over. Have a great rest of the summer before the school bus comes.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oooh the wrath of the Abercrombie model. Yikes :)

Sounds like a perfect summer for your family overall.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 16 my friends and I used to pay each other to do things like that in abercrombie. Go carter! ;) so glad you made it home safe! I can't imagine being out in that!

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture!

That was a scary storm.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home