Thursday, September 28, 2006

One Of Those Days


I decided yesterday that I would take Carter to get his picture taken. He is 3 months now and I haven't gotten his picture taken since he was a week old.

I took Hunter to school and had 2 1/2 hours until I had to be back. Carter was fed, had taken a nap, I was hoping for the best.

I get to the mall and open up the back of my SUV for the stroller and it's not there. I forgot I had taken it out. Okay, not that big of a deal. He doesn't really use it anyway. I wear him in the sling, but now where do I put the diaper bag? Atleast I won't shop and buy things I shouldn't. No where to put the bags!

So I took my check card and drivers license out and put it in my pocket and pray Carter doesn't poop. Into the mall we go. They are not running behind so I'm thinking this is a good sign. The lady gets everything all set up and I set Carter down. Fuss Fuss Fuss! I pick him up. Smile at the lady! Set him down. Fuss Fuss Fuss! I pick him up. Smile at the lady! Do you see the pattern here? We left with no pictures.

I went to the grocery store instead. Shop, get all I need, and a few things we don't. The lady scans my items, and I scan my check card. Denied. Denied? Hubby just got paid this morning. Wrote a check.

On the way out I thought - good thing Carter didn't cooperate. I had no other way to pay for pictures if my card didn't work there either. That would have been embarrassing.

But did anyone notice how big he will smile when I'm holding the camera?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That is so frustrating when they won't cooperate for pictures.

I've started just taking my own pictures instead of going to the photographers. The joys of digital cameras...I can take 50 pics and there's bound to be a good one!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Yeah- who needs picture places anymore?? You'll find that YOU will take the best pics of him (Gray freaks out at those feather dusters they use at the Picture People and even though I warn them- they've used it every time! And then he freaks and we are done.)

By the way- good mama for walking away without pics. Baby is more important! I've seen some moms yell and get mad at the KIDS when pictures aren't going well. Come on- like they WANT to be there! They are kids!!

Anyway- Carter is such a cutie patootie!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home