Friday, January 19, 2007

7 Months

I can't believe it's been 7 months already. My baby is growing way too fast. At least he isn't mobile yet. He still won't try to roll over, and there is no chance of learning to crawl if you won't lay down...EVER! But a champion sitter is he. And he is now starting to scoot on his booty a little bit. Just backwards for now, and he can get himself turned around. It's really quite funny. I know that crawling is an important part of their development, but we are always saying that one day he is going to just stand up and walk.

He has also found his voice. The yelling, the squealing, it's all really cute. Until we are in church, or a restaurant, or Monte's school program. The bubbles, and then the spitting that follows, oh yes, SPITTING, not always as cute.

Carter has started the journey of food. At first he wasn't really all that impressed. But now, he's starting to look at it all in a different light. He likes his organic bananas, pears, and carrots. It's really a good thing since no matter how much he nurses in the evenings he is still hungry. He needs food!

Carter has started biting. And thank God he has no teeth, but I'm really not too sure what to do about it. My older two were not biters. But Carter will bite down and giggle without letting go. And it HURTS!

And I'll leave you with one more thing. I'm sure you can tell by the pictures, but he has a serious drooling problem!!



15 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

What a cutie! And yay for solid foods! I hope he is a better eater than mine, it is a constant struggle around here.
The booty scootin must be cute, he will be up and runnin in no time, though. He has brothers to chase!
So much fun watching him grow.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm pretty sure all 7 month olds drool, so I think you are OK with that one. He is so cute. They do grow too fast don't they?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

He's so cute! When mine used to bite I would unlatch him sit him in the middle of the room (no toys and he was immobile for a long time too) and I would leave the room. This way he lost what he wanted most...mama's milk! I would come back after a short minute or so and it really only took a few times for him to really get the picture.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie!
Someone told me that when my baby started biting, I should scream to let him know it upset me. I thought "hm, that sounds a bit mean" - and then he bit me while he was nursing and I screamed my head off.

6:03 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Corinne scooted on her butt, too! She was FAST. She only recently learned how to crawl traditionally, but she walked at 9 months!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Those cheeks....I wanna pinch them!!

Matt was my biter -- OUCH! He eventually stopped, but it frustrating to say the least.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh my word he is SO sweet!! Lex is a bum scooter too. And so was Leelee!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Happi said...

He's so cute! How old is he now? I have a ten month old who is still soldier crawling (tho he just started pulling his knees up under him and rocking back and forth), he's not pulling up, and doing the sit/scoot thing too. He recently learned how to get from sitting to crawling, but it took a while. I no longer compare him to big brother because I've learned these little guys do it when they feel like it. One day he'll surprise you! And...the longer they're NOT mobile, the better for you!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Box him up and send him here! He's A.DOR.A.BLE!!!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, he is SO precious! Just looking at those pictures makes me want to pick him jup and hug him! Ethan drools too- major. So much so that all around his mouth, under his chin/jaw and now even a bit on his chest are red and chapped. I try to keep him dry all day & I bought an Aveno lotion for it but I feel like it's a loosing battle! Ugh, I hope when he gets his 1st tooth it stops the drooling! Anyway, happy 7 months Carter!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Carter, Happy 7th Months!

p.s I love his name, would love that name to be an option in my future if I have another boy someday:)

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 7 months big guy! I hope he takes it easy on you with the biting! X only bites when he's getting a tooth - I guess I'm his favorite teether?- but anyway - maybe he's finally working on something in there!

7:38 PM  
Blogger KC said...

oh my goodness what a cute little guy. Look at that smile.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

A good friend of mine has a daughter that never crawled. She did the bum scoot to get where she wanted to go until she could stand and walk there. :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

That smile, in the last picture is priceless!! He is too cute!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home