Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Just Glad He Still Wants Me To Come

Monte had a little school program this morning for Martin Luther King Jr. The school didn't send home anything about it but Monte asked me last week if I would come. On Veterans Day they did a couple songs too and I never knew about it and he was upset I missed it.

So I packed up Hunter and Carter and off to school we went. Carter was SO happy to see all the kids. Too happy if you get what I mean. Quiet gym with one student trying to saying his lines plus VERY happy baby, equals baby squeals echoing through out!

Next time....Carter gets a sitter. Any offers?

**********************************************************

And for those that asked, Hunter had a wonderful time at his first sleepover. Not that there was much sleeping going on. Ten 9 year olds and four 6 year olds. Those are brave parents. Dad slept downstairs with the older boys and Mom stayed upstairs with the younger ones.

I have to add that Hunter has a doggie stuffed animal that he has slept with every night of his life since he got it when he was 16 months. We aren't even allowed to call it a stuffed animal. It is his friend! He was so nervous to take him with. He was so sure no one else would have a "friend". So he hid him in his backpack just in case. He was very relieved that all 3 of his friends also had a special "friend" with them.

Since when are Kindergartners worried about what others are thinking?

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, too cute! That reminds me of a book we read once... I can't think of it right now- about sleeping with a stuffed animal and not wanting the friend to see, but turns out they had one, too. Gosh I gotta think of what book that was!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

IRA SLEEPS OVER! It was Ira Sleeps Over!!! (That was driving me crazy not remembering that one...)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, when I first read this post, I read, "Next time, Carter get's a sister!" I was like- WHAT!?!?! Nevermind! I can read correctly now! DUH! That's so cool that Monte wants you to come see his school stuff!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

10 NINE YEAR OLDS and 4 SIX YEAR OLDS? Those poor people must still be exhausted now.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Alli said...

I just love reading your blog. Your boys sound so sweet!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That is A LOT of kids!!! I cannot imagine. We had 6 ten year olds plus my other three and I thought that I was going to lose my mind.

Glad her got to be with his "friend". That would have made me sad. I'm not sure there are those same pressures for girls. Isn't that sad?

3:34 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I'm glad he had fun at his 1st sleep over, My oldest son is a 1st grader now but last year when he was in K and right before he turned 6 years old he wanted me to take down all the thomas the tank boarder out of his room and take the Thomas sheets off his bed before his friends from school came to his birthday party, just incase they thought Thomas was for babies. This past Nov when he turned 7 he had a sleep over we invited every boy from his class and ended up with 12 boys spending the night. Tomorrow my oldest will be 11 her party is on Friday and she invited 30 girls. So far only 2 of them said they can't make it. add my other 3 kids to that and we are going to have fun :)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home