Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Baseball And A Meme

So, about a week ago Lori tagged me. I've been blogging in my head, but I've been too busy to actually do anything about it.

My boys play baseball. And let me just say that in the city I live in, when your child hits Minors (9-10 yr. olds) they are SERIOUS!!! I'm talking 2 hour practices, 3 times a week, PLUS batting practice once a week. And that doesn't even include the average of 2 games a week on top of that. Add to that a 6 year old that plays too and a 10 month old that gets dragged everywhere and gets VERY crabby because he won't sleep unless he's in his bed, equals a tired me at the end of the night.

I spend my days running errands, cleaning the house, and cooking dinner so all we have to do is heat it up whenever dinner time rolls around. Which is different every night. Every evening is baseball. EVERY EVENING. The only days we don't is Sundays. We don't have a single day off until Memorial Day. 6 DAYS A WEEK!!!

And I'm not complaining. My boys LOVE baseball and I LOVE watching them, but that's why I'm not around much. I'm tired at night when everyone goes to bed and I can't seem to put words together to form sentences. I don't feel very bloggy, but have still been reading yours even though I don't really comment much.

Anyway, back to that meme. My 7 random facts.

1. My husband is 6 months younger than I am. We met in high school, but I graduated the year before he did.

2. I have VERY sensitive eyes. I wear sunglasses 364 days a year. If I don't the sun will give me a terrible headache. Also if it's too sunny or very windy, my eyes water like crazy and it looks like I've been crying for hours.

3. I LOVE babies in pajamas.

4. I thought I was going to hate breastfeeding. Which for anyone who knows me, that just sounds crazy. But I was 20 when my oldest was born and I'd never known anyone who had nursed a baby and aside from the health benefits I didn't think there was anything else to it. Boy was I wrong. I made my final decision to give it a try when I was in labor in the hospital. The nurse said "just try it. You can always give him a bottle but you can't try nursing when he's 4 months old". So I tried it and never thought about that bottle of formula again.

5. I can't sleep unless I'm in my own bed. I can't even sleep on my husband's side of the bed.

6. I almost got kidnapped at a zoo when I was a little girl.

7. I almost got suspended from school my senior year for having a cell phone in my locker. Now a days these kids have them ON in class.

6 Comments:

Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Thanks!! :) I've been so busy this week, I am finally catching up on my fav blogs.

Steve is picky about sleeping elsewhere too. He never sleeps well unless he's at home.

Almost abducted -- holy cow!!!

Almost suspended -- again, HOLY COW!!!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, I'm not looking forward to those sports days that are approaching very soon.

VERY interesting facts!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a busy girl!

I love me some random facts... yikes about the zoo!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are SO busy. I can't imagine! AH! And I love your little guy in pjs too.

Steph

9:15 AM  
Blogger Josh and Deliverance said...

I didn't know about almost being kidnapped!

I seem to vaguely remember the cell phone thing, though I wasn't around much senior year.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Shera said...

I hear you about the sports!!!!! Only in our hometown it's football instead of baseball!

Have fun!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home