Friday, June 22, 2007

One Year

The first birthday is always bittersweet. I miss that precious little newborn that he was, but look forward to all the many milestones I know that he will meet. He no longer nurses peacefully in my arms, but would rather do so standing on his head and feet with his butt up in the air. It only makes me cherish more the "down" nursing times. As rare as they have become.

Sometimes I miss the sleepy baby in my arms where ever we were, that precious little newborn. But I wouldn't trade it for the laughing, the clapping, the waving, those sweet slobbery baby kisses, the way he shakes his head "no" at any question you ask him, the silly little toddler that he is quickly becoming.

He is not walking yet like his brothers were, has not said a handful of word like Hunter had, but by your 3rd child you no longer care when they hit these milestones and don't compare them to other babies.

But I love that he has a mouthful of teeth (his brothers got theirs late) and will eat anything I give him. He might not open for seconds or thirds, but he has not spit anything back at me either.

He seems to be slowing down a bit. He was 24lbs. and 31 in. Only 2 pounds since January. But that's good. I don't mind him getting bigger, but I also want him to be my baby for as long as possible.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

He is so beautiful! (and he weighs more than The Baby - big boy!) It's funny how much we miss little baby them but wouldn't trade for this funny, active toddler, isn't it? Happy birthday to him - he's a great little guy.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

He's a doll! Seriously! And yeah, Gray is 20 months and about 22 lbs!

Steph

8:59 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Ugh....don't I know it! As I posted my bit about Mark turning 2 I stared at the photo of Mark as a newborn w. Matt. I wish I could inhale that smell off his little head again! BITTERSWEET!

10:19 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Yep, pretty cute! Mine were big chunky monkeys like that too. Can't beat it!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh he is such a little cutie pie.

Enjoy every minute, because as you know well, they are constantly changing...

3:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. What an adorable tank! My little guy wishes he was closer so they could celebrate #1 together!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Happi said...

Awww...what a sweet post. He's so cute! And yes, enjoy all that remains of his "babyhood." It is true, it passes all too quickly.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home