Friday, June 01, 2007

It Makes No Sense

Carter is sick. Again. Runny nose, cough. Some things never change. And to be honest, he picked a horrible time. Sunday is my hubby's 30th birthday and we are having a barbecue at our house. (rain or shine) Trying to shop, cook, and clean, plus baseball, has proven to be quite difficult with Crabby Carter in tow.

Now I'm not quick to spoon out the cold medicine, but for the sake of his sleep, and mine, I gave him some. Let me just say that he hasn't eaten ANYTHING for 2 days. Even his beloved Cheerios have all been thrown back at me. Not that it's a big deal. He's still nursing great, but when I gave him the medicine, he took it like a champ. And then opened his mouth up for more. And I think I heard a little Mmmm escape. Seriously?

So I thought I'd try an all time favorite. Bananas. Nope. You'd think I was feeding him poison. Really? Medicine good. Bananas bad?

And did anyone notice what humidity does to his hair? Haha!!!

And just because I'm in the running for mother of the year......it's midnight and I'm washing Hunter's baseball uniform because I had all day to do it and forgot.

9 Comments:

Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Awwww... poor baby. Just in time for summer, too! Hope it clears fast.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

He'll be back to normal in a few days. Yep, Zachary was the same way. Medicine-yummy and food-bad. It was frustrating, b/c I have gotten used to only nursing once or twice a day. He's 21 mos. old and normally eats great.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Ethan takes medicine like it's candy! Hope Carter's feeling better soon. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Carter feels better soon. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger KC said...

Poor Poor baby, I hope he feels better now. I had a sickone over the weekend, that messed up all my plans. Got a call from his school friday telling me he was sick and I needed to pick him up. Here we are sundaynight and he still has his fever. The doctors are calling this one a virus though so not much I csn do for him.

Happy birthday to you hubby.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

i hate when the kids get sick. taites sick right now 2.. but hes so little idont like to give him any medication... but i may have 2!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SlowMo was an awesome medicine taker, the beast? Horrible! You have to chase her down and pry her little mouth open! LOL. I hope he starts feeling better soon!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Ugh -- are you serious!! So sorry for another illness striking your house!!

My kids take medicine very well, however Grape Tylenol is their love. After a dose Mark will say "more" over and over again.

Midnight baseball uniform washings -- been there, done that!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

awww. my 6-month-old is sick too! cough, runny nose, & TEETHING all at once. ugh. hope carter feels better soon! i'm visiting from 5minutesformom.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home