Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Anyone Want To Swim?

Look what landed in my back yard Saturday. WOO HOO!!! The boys are SO excited. Too bad we had to drain it. Drain it you say? Oh yes. Apparently when they put the shop vac between the wall and the liner to keep all the wrinkles out, the sand underneath wasn't wet enough and it sucked up a ton of sand. So the right side of the pool was wavy on the bottom. But no worries. They fixed it this morning, and it is filling up. They are even going to pay us for the water that was wasted. Tomorrow they will come back to hook up the filter and then we can swim. Or rather the boys can swim. I don't swim in hose water. It needs to warm up a bit for baby and I.

This turned out to be an ordeal. The pool was supposed to go in Thursday. It was way to windy so they dug the hole and came back Friday. Still too windy. So Saturday it was. Monday was the draining of the pool, today I think (I pray) all is fixed, and tomorrow is the filter. I've seen these guys for five mornings now. It will be six tomorrow. I'm thinking at this point I should be cooking them breakfast and making coffee!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I want to swim!!!

Steph

5:41 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, I hope you guys enjoy it. I can't imagine taking care of a pool! We love our community one.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

I'll take a dip!! hehe...Enjoy your new pool, the boys will indeed love it!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

we use 2 have a pool like that growing up. it got LOTS of use :-) enjoy it!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

Oh wow! That does sound like an ordeal. But, when it's all finished the boys will love it! I'm glad they're paying you for water. As I was reading that I was thinking about your water bill! LOL!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about COOKING them breakfast but maybe some Dunkin Donuts?!?!

Looks like a great pool!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Happi said...

How cool...I must admit I'm a bit envious...the blow up kiddie pool just isn't cutting it for me! Have a wonderful time and enjoy it!
Happi

8:07 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

So when am I coming over???? (just kidding)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

Hi Robin...you have a beautiful family...that pool looks so inviting, especially today with temps in the 90's...I remember when we had a pool..I really enjoyed it. Check out my blog. I am a new blogger.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun in the sun!! What a dream for any child! (or grown up child!!)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home