Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's A Guy Thing

Last weekend my hubby took the older boys camping. This backpack was just for fun before they left. A friend of my father-in-law owns a farm with a really nice pond on it. My hubby has access to fish/camp anytime he wants. He's been taking Monte and Hunter there since they were little. But this was the first time they camped there.

I stayed home with Carter. Okay, actually we went shopping, but I don't like to camp. And so I didn't mind being "left out" of this overnighter. And I think even the boys liked that I stayed home. That they got Dad all to themselves.



They set up camp

saw a gorgeous sunset

snuggled in with favorite "friends" from home

did LOTS of fishing

and cooked those fish for breakfast!!

Me and Carter had a good time. It seemed very quiet in the house. Sometimes too quiet. But the one on one time alone with the baby was a good thing too.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sunset! Looks fun!... And I just noticed the tag.. I'm on it this week!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like they had fun! I wouldn't have minded being left at home either!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

What great pics! I would be all to happy to stay at home & shop, too!

Steph

8:32 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Came over from Glass Half Full - wanted to wish Carter a happy birthday. Your boys looked like they had a lot of fun!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

FUN!! Happy birthday soon, Carter!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

They look like they had SO much fun!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, so nice that they got "guy" time and that you and the babe got alone time too!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Alli said...

Your boys will remember that for the rest of their lives. So sweet!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Happi said...

Looks like a great time...hope you had a successful shopping trip! Now that sounds like a good time...

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we love to camp! We dont' fish, but we love camping. But, I bet it was nice for the boys and dad to have some alone time together...and good for mommy and Carter as well. :-)

You'll have to see my blog for our camping pics on the OuterBanks of NC this past weekend.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

What a great adventure! I don't know about fish for breakfast though, I prefer something a little sweeter.

I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at Kerri at boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with Maya & Miguel, a show on PBS in the afternoons -- http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel -- that emphasizes cultural diversity and language learning but I’m reaching out to talk to parents about the program as part of a marketing project I’m working on with Scholastic.

If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

Kerri Roberts, BoldMouth

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home