Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th Of July

This is one of my favorite 4th of July pictures. (ignore the fuzziness. Before digital) Hunter was 2 at the time, 4 years ago, and we were at the parade. The sirens were so loud he covered his own ears. And to this day he still doesn't like loud noises. I'm not sure if I'm taking Carter this year. It's supposed to be hot and humid, and he really doesn't like to sit AT ALL, so I don't know. Dad just might take the older boys. But we WILL see fireworks. Plus a cookout and lots of swimming in our new pool will make for a fantastic day!

And after 8 days of being gone, my hubby came home early Saturday morning. I guess that's just where I've been. Too tired after being mommy and daddy all day to put 2 coherent sentences together. We all missed him like crazy, but were SO busy that the week really did fly by.

Carter got up Saturday morning, nursed, and rolled over to see daddy. Boy was he surprised. And a little taken back. I'm not sure he even recognized daddy at first. I woke daddy up and Carter played shy for a bit. Laid his head on my chest, would smile and turn his head. After 5 minutes daddy had enough of the games. He grabbed Carter and tickled his chubby feet and sweet baby belly. I love the deep laughs that produces. It's so good to have daddy back.....

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, so sweet! And that photo is adorable!!

Steph

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

He is so handsome..Thanks for visiting my blog. Yeah, that little red car was a bargain at $5. I could not believe they were selling it. Have a Wonderful 4th...

7:18 AM  
Blogger Happi said...

Don't you just love homecomings? Nothing better when the whole family is reunited and all is right with the world. Happy Fourth!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

That little face is SO CUTE! Hope you have fun today!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Happy 4th!

I was outside with Matt watching our neighborhood light up and then Mark came out right when our neighbor across the street blew up a very loud firecracker. He RAN back inside.....scared to death......NICE! Glad we skipped the park's fireworks and saved us from all that traffic. :)

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! I've had those times when hubby is out of town. IT is hard! Glad your back!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Very sweet!
It was hard enough for me when hubby was gone, I don't know how you do it with 3 kids.

Happy 4th!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home