Wednesday, December 19, 2007

And Today.....

The baby, my baby, is 18 months old. This age to me has always been a milestone. An age that starts "the change". That baby to big boy change. And it came much too fast.

It's true that with each child you have they grow so much faster. I think we just get busier and time goes by that much faster. But since Carter was born I have always wanted time to just stop for a bit. I've wanted to just stay home with no other responsibilities except to be this child's mommy. Like it was when his brothers were babies.

I feel like I was truly able to soak up every bit of Monte and Hunter's babyhood. I can't really say that with Carter. I almost feel like I've missed something. Which is crazy since up until a month ago when I started working I had only even left him a handful of times. I guess it's just me going about life, when what I really want is to just stop. Stop and breathe in his sweet babyness.

But oh, how I love this age. He really is turning into such a little boy. The baby in him slipping away. He knows that cars go "vroom vroom" without ever being told, and that anything can be a gun. "Bow, bow" he says. (probably thanks to his brothers) I could watch his little legs run all day long, and sometime I make him do it just because it brings a smile to my face and a giggle to my lips every single time. And how he grunts everytime I pick him up. It's so funny.

Carter is the baby. Will probably always be the baby. And I am just going to enjoy every minute of it as best I can. No matter how fast life takes us.

12 Comments:

Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I hear you... The third babyhood has flown by. It doesn't help that she is incredibly smart and figures things out even earlier than her brothers did. I think that this is why I like to blog. I like to record the silly, sweet things as they occur to me. When I am writing long-hand, it's hard to find the time! Also, you can't erase a pen mistake as easily as a typo!

9:06 AM  
Blogger InTheFastLane said...

What a cutie. This is one of my favorite ages.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

Carter is so cute! So well said..It would be nice to keep them a certain age for a while.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

After a post like this you just CAN'T give up blogging. You wrote this so well! And his outfit in this picture is so awesome! Where did you get it?

Jen

12:39 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love this age, too, and even though the 2's can be tricky like we were talking the other day, it still is one of the best times ever. I am enjoying every moment. It's the best!!

Steph

4:50 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Oh, you're making me sad. :( I am dreading watching my youngest grow up in a way, yet so looking forward to watching the learning and development!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

I do find The Baby's babyhood much more poignant because she's the last... and it has seemed to be only fifteen minutes since she got here. In four months, she'll be THREE!
What a handsome fellow you have, though - and 18 months is one of my favorite, favorite ages.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kellan said...

He is a doll and yes ... time does fly by - enjoy every single moment. BTW, I'm Kellan - came over from Tracy's site - nice to meet you.

12:15 AM  
Blogger As We Sail... said...

Childhood is such a small part of life, but it forms a lot of our memories & character. Each child is going to be their own unique person, for us to enjoy.

3:37 PM  
Blogger As We Sail... said...

Have a wonderful Christmas today!

2:41 AM  
Blogger As We Sail... said...

Happy New Year Robin. Whether you ever blog again or not, it's no big deal. I hope you have a great year just being a good example wherever God puts you.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOK AT THAT SMILE.. HE COULD LIGHT UP A ROOM! WHAT A DOLL!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home