Saturday, August 19, 2006

2 Months Old


When I was pregnant with Carter I had visions of the "perfect baby". One that never fussed, was always happy to sit there and watch the world as it went by. He would be my most laid back baby out of my 3 boys. After 2 days in the hospital I realized Hunter would be keeping that title. If Carter is not sleeping, and you (meaning me) are not holding him, he is usually crying. I don't have to do any kind of crazy acrobatics to keep him happy, all I have to do is hold him. We realized that all those baby items they say you need would not be of use to us. The swing? Forget it. He would scream before you ever even got his butt all the way down. Bouncy seat? Maybe enough time to go to the bathroom. Stroller? Only if he is sleeping. He had to be in my arms. So what did I do? I bought a baby sling. And that solved the holding problem.

Well, it's been 2 months today since my precious baby boy was born. I love all the changes the past 2 months have brought. But the smiles are the best. Oh, the smiles melt me every time. They are the kind of smiles that light up his whole body. Even from behind you know that he is smiling. And all you have to do to get one is talk to him. Last night my hubby was on the other side of the living room and Carter was on my lap looking at the back of the couch. But when daddy said his name and started talking, Carter started smiling so big I thought a laugh was going to escape. See, even a talking couch can get a smile.

And what a good sleeper he is. He naps for a couple hours at a time during the day (makes for a very smiley baby) and gets up once during the night to nurse. I couldn't ask for anything better than that.

But my most favorite part of the day is when he nurses. I love being that close, stomach to stomach, as he stares up at me. I love when he lets go to smile at me. It's like he is saying thank you. It is such an amazing feeling knowing that you alone are giving your baby all the nourishment that he needs. Every bit of baby chub came from me.

So happy 2 months baby Carter! I've enjoyed these 2 months more than I can express, and look forward to what the future brings. Only slow down a little bit. I know how fast you are going to grow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wow look at that smile! Two months already!?! Awesome. And who doesn't want to be held? Babies were meant to be held... otherwise they'd come out walking!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Life With All Boys said...

Okay - I'm SO stealing that. I love it - Babies were meant to be held... otherwise they'd come out walking!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

OK! I am sure someone more important has said that already, but it just came out when I commented there! It makes sense, tho, eh?!

11:31 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

He's a doll! We love our sling, too, STILL at 9 months.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

What a sweet post about your BABY! What an awesome smile! I can't wait to be in the "baby" days again.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Great smile! Happy 2 months:)My favorite time is still nursing time, even at 7 months, what a wonderful thing us mothers can do;)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home