Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy or Sad?

This morning my hubby left with our boys to go to the water park. He took his sister with him (who is 15) since my 5 year old needs someone at the top to help him get in the tube and someone at the bottom to help get him out. We haven't been able to go and do as much this summer between moving and me having a baby in June. (not a great time of year to have a newborn if you have 2 older boys) Anything that is in the sun is out of the question.

Everyone was getting ready to go, I put LOTS of sunscreen on everyone, they were all chatting about what they were going to go on first, I was giving out instructions for everyone - make sure you reapply their sunscreen, don't go to deep in the wave pool, remember your brother is only 5 and is sometimes scared of things your not - yes babe, I can handle it. We know mom.

It was kind of sad to watch them leave. I wanted to go. Not because I felt I was missing out on water slides, but I am missing out on my kids fun. As a parent it's more fun to watch them having a great time. And Hunter said to me as he was getting in the car - I feel weird going with out you - I know just how you feel.

But I walked back into the house, and picked up Carter and thought - it will be fun spending the day just the 2 of us. Maybe we will go shopping at the outside mall, it's beautiful out. Or maybe spend the day snuggled up together without any interruptions.

But no matter what I do, thank you honey for taking our boys. For being the kind of dad that will go out and do things with your kids without mom always being there, and enjoying it. Your a great dad, and I love you for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I had my second a year ago in June and it was hard being forced to spend so much time at home. I swear my first son was always complaining we weren't doing enough.

Hope the day went well!! :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

So sweet. Hubby took the boys for errands today and it was so nice to have a quiet house... ahhh.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Life With All Boys said...

It did go very well. They had a great time at the water park, and me and Carter had a good time at home doing nothing. The house was so quiet I could actually hear myself think!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home