Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Day
















Hunter started kindergarten yesterday. The difference between him and his brother is amazing. Monte didn't want to go. For 3 months he cried every morning. Not Hunter. First day -
can you drop me off mom?
No Hunter, I can not. I have my camera and I'm going to take LOTS of pictures.
5 years old going on 15.

I must admit it's a lot nicer experience for everyone when they want to go. There was no guilt. There was no tears, not even from me. I watched other children crying and was thankful they weren't mine this time. My child was the one with the HUGE smile on his face wondering when class was going to begin.

Bye mom - see you later! Bye baby - quit growing so fast.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh wow! So glad he liked it!! They are all so unpredictable... and me, too, because I was so certain I would be a sobbing mess. So far we are on day #3 and I'm still doing ok!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

P.S. But it's not like I am ready for him to take the bus yet or anything! (Baby steps!)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

AWE!!! What a cutie! he is SOOOO excited! It IS much better when there is an enthusiasim about going. How's it going with your 3rd grader? hope he's adjusting.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home