Sunday, October 22, 2006

One Year Ago

Sat, October 21st, it had been one year since I found out I was pregnant with Carter. I don't remember the exact day I found out with the other two, but with Carter I will never be able to forget.

That Friday morning I was at the gym, both my boys were in school, and I was on the elliptical machine thinking about how I was 5 days late. Up until that moment I was in denial, thinking I was going to start at any minute. But I knew.

So when I left the gym I stopped by the drug store and bought a pregnancy test. At 10:30am. I took a pregnancy test. Positive.

Later that day I found out that at the same time that morning, one of my mother-in-laws closest friends lost her battle to breast cancer. She left behind her husband, 16 year old daughter, and 4 year old son. He is 3 weeks younger than Hunter. We were pregnant at the same time. Her late in life surprise child is now growing up without his mommy.

The same day, same time. A new life begins as a life is taken.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wow, what a story.

Love the new profile pic! Gray has the same hat (thanks, Ashlee & Xav!)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Great story, great memory.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home