Friday, November 03, 2006

Seriously?

This is the poem that Hunter had to learn this week for his Share Day at school. Seriously? I understand that learning poems is helpful and all - but this one took a while.

"Five Little Pumpkins"

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate...
The first one said, "My it's getting late."
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "Oh we don't care!"
The fourth one said, "Let's run, let's run."
The fifth one said, "Isn't Halloween fun?"
Oooo....went the wind and out went the lights.
And those five little pumpkins ran fast out of sight!

It's okay if it's not word for word right?

***********************************************

Hunter has a favorite shirt. If it is clean he will wear nothing else. If it is dirty he will ask every day where it is. I like to do laundry every day or every other. I can't stand when it all piles up and I have 8 loads in one day to do. I've decided that favorite shirt is staying in the hamper for a few wash cycles. I'd like to see some of the other shirts I bought!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I used that on in my classroon when I taught preschool- the words asr slightly diffrent but GREAT-

The REAL trick is you have your teaching a ssitant stand by the lightswitch (with the kid's backs to her) and when the say whoo - and clap for out goes the lights - the assitant tuns out the lights!!

the kids LOVE IT. And after Halloween - the "halloween magic" that turns the lights off - just doesn't work anymore. ;-)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Whoa that is a hard poem! Good luck with that one...

My nephew does the same thing with clothes. I gave him a shirt for his birthday and my sister said that he wore it all day and wanted to sleep in it and then keep it on the next day. Kids are funny that way, but I love how they don't care that they are wearing the same thing!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was for a kindergartener?! Yikes.

Noah had a favorite shirt and he'll dig it out of the laundry to wear it. I often am heard saying "no you can not wear that shirt to school today. You wore it to school YESTERDAY."

2:56 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

The trick is to do it as a finger play! I could totally demonstrate if I had a webcam!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Consider it normal that Hunter likes the same shirt all the time. Leelee has favorite jeans. Her older cousin has the exact same ones so she thinks that's pretty cool or something. One day she actually stayed in her pjs until 4:00 'cause those jeans were in the wash. (Normally I wouldn't have let her do that but she also was sick with a cold and we weren't going anywhere anyhow.)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home