Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yummy........Soup

Okay, so I'm not turning this into a cooking blog or anything, but I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately, and combined with the chilly temps, I've really been wanting soup. Good homemade soup. I found a yummy new recipe that I just had to share. I made it last night. I can hardly wait for lunch today for leftovers. Hubby liked it so much I actually told him "don't eat it all....I want leftovers".

Tortellini Vegetable Soup

2 TBLS. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
3 cans (14-oz) beef broth (or vegetable for vegetarian)
1 cup frozen corn (I used canned Del Monte summer crisp)
1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
2 cups fresh green beans, snapped (the recipe called for frozen....I like fresh)
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce
2 cups fresh cheese tortellini (or any tortellini you like)

Saute onion, celery, and carrots in olive oil 5 min. Add seasonings, stir. Add tomato sauce, broth, corn, and green beans. (I added corn since it was canned at the end. Plus I steamed my green beans separately and added them at the end too) Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 min or until veggies are as tender as you like. Add tortellini and simmer uncovered about 5 more min. I stirred in a bit of fresh parsley at the end right before we ate it. But it's not part of the recipe.

It was SO simple and fast to make.....plus delicious! If you love soup, you won't be disappointed!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love good homemade soup too. The recipe looks good! I think I will try it. Thanks for sharing!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty- I Love Soup!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home