Monday, November 06, 2006

Misery Loves Company

It is almost impossible to nurse a squirmy 4 1/2 month old at one of those Chuck E. Cheese type fun places. The chairs are so close to the table that you hardly fit let alone your baby. And of course the chairs don't pull out. The music is SO loud, the lights SO bright, and SO many kids running around screaming at the top of their lungs, that your baby doesn't want to stay latched on for more than 20 seconds at a time. But don't dare take the boob away. Oh no mom, I'm not really done.

And I'm all for nursing in public, but I like to try to be discreet while doing it. Baby does not seem to understand that flashing a room full of small children is not the way to make friends with the parents. Don't you dare try to cover me up one more time!

But if your there, and this is the situation, sit by the mom that is trying to nurse her 1 1/2 week old baby and become her friend. Because it really is true what they say. Misery really DOES love company!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

Ugh, yeah I remember those times. I never had a "problem" nursing in public either but I didn't want to stand up and draw attention either. My son however NEVER let me cover us up so it made for some pretty uncomfortable times.

Glad you both found comfort!!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! We all gotta stick together!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That's hard when you're in such a distracting environment. Good for you for joining forces!!

When Lex was about one or two months old we had a new store open here and I made the mistake of going to the grand opening with a hungry baby. It was so packed in there and no where to sit so luckily I was wearing a nursing top and I could just feed him while I walked around the store. It got interesting when people wanted to look at the baby that I was "carrying". Now he gets distracted just by someone being in the same room!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, aren't those moments fun :) X will not, under any circumstances let me cover him up, and since I'm big on nursing wherever whenever, lets just say I'm sure a great deal of the local population has seen the goods! Great for you for making the best of it!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home