Monday, December 11, 2006

Parties

It was a weekend of parties. Saturday was Monte and Hunter's. Everything was good. Bowling, pizza, cupcakes, friends, and don't forget the presents. What else could a 9 and 6 year old want!

Yesterday my husband (with the help of his mom) threw me a surprise 30th birthday party. (my actual birthday is Wednesday) And I really was surprised. I had NO idea. I started crying, no surprise there. My mother-in-law called around 2:45 and asked if we wanted to go get pizza with them at 4:30. When we got there all my family and closest friends were there. It was SO wonderful. Exactly what I wanted. All the people I love together in one room.

It took a moment to process what was going on. I walked in the room and saw my in-laws, then my husband's aunt and uncle, and even that didn't register anything. But then I saw a friend, and another, and another, and my family, and I realized everyone was there for me. No one has ever done anything like that for me. It was such an amazing feeling. And a night I will never forget!

*Sorry there are no pictures. I didn't have my camera. I thought we were just going for pizza! :) Other people did take pictures for me though!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! How fun to be suprised by all the people you love! You seem to be handling turning 30 like a pro! You've got to tell me how to do that!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! You deserve it! Post the pics when you can!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I love surprise parties.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!!! :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

How fun! It's nice when someone can actually pull off a suprise :)
Glad it worked for you!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippie! Happy Birthday!!!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home