Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Heidi at Butterfly Mama, is hosting a Winter Activity Festival.

Around our house board games are huge. We have everything from Hi Ho Cherry-O, Chutes and Ladders, Clue, and Yahtzee, to our new favorite, Battleship.

When Monte turned 3 a friend of mine gave him Candy Land and that was it. He was hooked. When Hunter got old enough to roll dice, he became a "member" on my team until he could play by himself.


For Christmas the boys got gift cards to Toys R Us and Hunter picked out this Diego Rescue Pack that has I think 10 or 12 games in it. Bingo, Tic-Tac-Toe, Go Fish, Dominoes, card games, and the one Hunter is trying to master as of now, Checkers!

In the evenings when dinner is over and homework is done, or on a long Saturday afternoon, you will find all of us sprawled out on the family room floor playing board games. One after another, after another, after another.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That is so great that you play games with your kids. I love board games too and I think I have Leelee pretty hooked too. She just got Candy Land for her birthday and loves it.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to play board games too! I keep trying to get the kids involved but they loose interest pretty quickly. Hopefully when they get a little older they'll be into it more.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Happi said...

That's a great way to cure those winter blahs. : )

9:49 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

Great info...I've been thinking that it might be almost time for us to start getting some basic board games!
Thanks for playing!!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I can just see you guys sitting around playing games, so so sweet.
Avery's way too young now, but one day I hope she will like the oh-so-feminine Battleship, because that was my favorite. That and Connect Four!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love games- my guys are still not really into games yet, other than Memory! I can't wait for them to have a longer attention span for it... I used to love Battleship and Chinese Checkers!

P.S. I got the big map at Staples!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

Oh yes we love board games too! My oldest just got Battleship for Christmas.

The Backpack is pretty cool!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE board games! i can't wait until X is old enough to play!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

At our house we are SO into Yahtzee and Pit. We play almost every day. I just love it. It is good family time.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home