Monday, July 16, 2007

Better Late Than Never

This summer has been just so busy for us. With baseball, father's day, my hubby being out of town for a week, graduation open houses, Carter's birthday party got pushed to July. Not that he knows the difference. And it's really keeping with how we seem to do things around here. Monte was born on Thanksgiving, and Hunter's birthday is a week before Christmas, so we've never had their parties actually on their birthday weekend anyway.

We had his party at a favorite pizza restaurant of ours. (it was dark, and so my pictures are too) We got the back room all to ourselves, and I didn't have to cook or clean. Woo Hoo!! But a room full of people who seemed to know him, was a lot, and he clung to me. How I wanted to show off his new walk, but there was none of that either. Seeing as how he had to be set down and all.

And in keeping with tradition, like his brothers, he touched his little "baby cake" and started wining that his hands were messy. But he got over it fast.

Once we got home he got changed into his new "birthday pj's". Look at that face. Do you think the sugar affected him at all?!?!

9 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Look at those chubby little CHEEKS! He looks like he had SO much fun.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I have been out of town and had so many posts to catch up on! Your boys are so cute. Happy Birthday to Carter.

And I am glad to hear I am not the only one who's kids only slept at home!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Happi said...

Happy birthday to Carter! OH those cheeks and that adorable face. He is too cute.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

First birthday's are a funny thing aren't they?

Avery clung to me quite a bit at her party too. Poor little guys don't know what all the fuss is about! But it looks like your party was a success, and Carter got some good cake action. That's the best part anyway :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Oh my goodness what a neat cake!!! I love the lettering and design!!!

3:24 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

He is so CUTE! Happy birthday Carter! Big boy!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

so cute...and I love that cake. I love green.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That is a great cake - and Carter is precious! My little one just had her first birthday last week! Happy B-day little one! May you have many more!

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty cake!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home