Saturday, July 07, 2007

I Wish All Days Could All Be Like This

Since I seem to be talking about Carter sleeping lately, I thought I'd share a picture of him doing just that.

He is on that cusp of going from two naps to one. The problem is his first one will be 3 hours, but after a few hours he is tired again, and at 6pm he is so tired he wants a nap. WAY too late for that. So he's crabby for a couple hours.

In an attempt to make him wait longer for that "first" nap, we've gone in the pool around 11:30 the last couple days. (old nap time) He's SO happy for about an hour, then we get out and dry off, have a snack, and he's almost too tired to nurse. Almost.

The result of this is.....

A 4 HOUR NAP!! Both days. Do you know how much blogging, er um, housework you can get done in that amount of time?!!

I'm not counting on this to last though. If nothing else this child in VERY inconsistent. But it would be nice.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh gosh, I need a four hour nap!!!

Steph

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes Lex will sleep three to four hours too and it's wonderful all that one can accomplish!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

I DID have a four hour nap last night - I was feeling horrible when my husband came home and staggered back downstairs to find it NINE THIRTY and all the kids still up! Gasp!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I remember taking that second nap away. Mark would always nap long in the morning, then the afternoon would conflict with nighttime.

Carter will be fussy, then get used to things quickly!!! :)

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,He looks so grown up for some reason! I love when they nap that long, yippie! Now that Landon only naps once a day, that one nap is always at least three hours. And man oh man can I get stuff done!! Hopefully he keeps that up for ya!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

4-hour nap? That's incredible!
Our transition from 2 naps to 1 took quite a while. It was inconsistent for a month or two. Hopefully Carter will get used to a 4-hour nap!

9:39 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

4 hours = heaven!! Enjoy it however long it lasts!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

We're in that same napping limbo! I don't even know his schedule anymore. But, those days with 4 hour naps are awesome!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home