Thursday, July 05, 2007

What A Great Day

So I think I made the right decision to not take Carter to the parade. It started at 11 and at 11:15 he was in his bed sound asleep. And for anyone who knows Carter, you know that home is the only place he will sleep. My older 2 were the same way, and oh how I wanted Carter to be different. To be one of those babies that would snuggle into me no matter the place and pass out. But since that did not happen, it's better just to stay home around nap time. Which can change from day to day. He likes to keep me on my toes.

But Dad took Monte and Hunter and Nana and Aunt Rachel met them there. Papa was out of town this year. Everyone came back all smiles and HUNGRY! Good thing I had that extra time to get the food going.

After a great afternoon with family and friends, food, and lots of swimming, it was time for fireworks. Now I must admit I was a little worried how Carter would do, but we LOVE fireworks around here and I didn't want to miss them. My MIL offered to take my older 2 early and go get seats. They somehow got a hamburger, popcorn, cotton candy, and pop too!!! So me and hubby showed up with Carter 45 minutes before they started. Awesome!!!

Carter did good. I can't say that he liked them, but he didn't cry either. He layed his head on my chest and I covered his other ear with my hand and he watched the entire show. Which was fantastic this year. I'd like to see fireworks again just so I can have 35 minutes of uninterrupted snuggle time.

So today is recoup day. I need to go to the grocery store, but I'm going to take Carter in the pool and them put him down for a nap. The store will be there tomorrow......

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That's right. I'll be at the store tomorrow or late at night... but in the meantime I am so thankful for LEFTOVERS!

Steph

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Avery is the same way with napping at home. It's just the only way it will work out.

Glad you got to enjoy the fireworks and snuggling, it sounds perfect. If they didn't scare Carter this year then he will probably love them next year!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

Hi, just stumbled upon your blog. I too have three boys. Glad to "meet" you and I look forward to reading your views in life with all boys.

9:44 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sounds like the day worked out well and you paid attention to what your baby needed. There'll be lots of other parades.

8:10 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

My thoughts exactly. I've been avoiding Walmart since we got home from the beach - we're about to run out of food, though!

9:25 AM  
Blogger KC said...

sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July. I had 3 kids that would sleep anywhere anytime no matter who or what was around. Then came the 4th LOL. He isn't one that has to be in HIS bed, but he has to be away from the action to get him to sleep or he thinks he is missing out. Where my other ones when tired would have just passed out in the middle of room filled with nose, fun and tons of people. I'm glad he got to take his nap and you got to enjoy the rest of the day and the fireworks.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home