Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Already?

Today was the first day back to school. The summer has just flown by, like always, and so here we go again. What you don't realize when you have small children, is just how much faster they grow once the school days start.

Monte is in 4th grade this year. Holy Moly! Only 2 years til middle school. He has a guy teacher, man teacher? this year. The only one in our elementary school, and boy is Monte excited. I've seen him around school and met him this morning. He seems very nice and told me I was welcome in his classroom at anytime for any reason. I like that. Ever walked into your child's classroom and felt like you don't belong? Monte's second grade year was like that. Not that it stopped me from going every chance I got.

Hunter is in 1st grade. And boy am I having a hard time with this one. Even though Carter is my "baby", Hunter was the baby for 5 1/2 years and I still really think of him that way. This is the first time he's gone all day, and it just seems so long. He was very nervous this morning which is not like Hunter at all. But once we got there and he found out a really good friend was in his class I think he felt better. Me and this friends mom stood there for a long time. Finally I told her we should either go or pull up a chair.

I know they will be fine. They will come home full of wonderful stories to tell, both talking over the other as we walk home from the bus stop. And I will get used to them being gone all day. Like it or not.

6 Comments:

Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Today is Matt's first full day. So far I feel like I am accomplishing a lot with only one child to deal with. :)

Lori

12:11 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Yea! So what are you doing with your day? The boys look very handsome.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I can't believe it either! First of all that you have a 4th grader! WOW! Noah's at school all day and I miss him so...

Steph

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did YOU do? I just can't believe summer is over! ;(

6:00 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

Today was Caleb's first day too. Your boys are very handsome.
And "how 'bout those Cubbies?"

6:14 PM  
Blogger Lori_N said...

My boys are going back to school next week and it's very bittersweet for me. My babies are going to kindergarten and I'm excited for them, but I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. That first day when I get them on the bus...it's going to be so quiet.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home