Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Green Eyed Monster Has Come For A Visit

Carter has hit THAT age. You know the one. The everything is MINE age. Of course he wants everything he sees, and isn't above yelling and screeching to get his point across. But he can usually be easily persuaded to just "let it go" and move on to something else.

The other day a friend of mine was babysitting her 15 month old niece and brought her over for a little bit. Carter just didn't know what to do with this other little person in his house, touching his toys. So he cried. A LOT. And at first I thought, well he doesn't know her, and here she is taking his toys out of his hand, I'd cry too. But then I noticed he was screaming if his brothers touched something. Yep. THAT age is here.

But the biggest is me. I'm his mommy, and no one, I repeat NO ONE is allowed to sit within touching distance of me. Monte is almost 10 and our cuddle times are getting fewer and fewer, but Hunter is 6 and still likes to snuggle. Wants to lay and watch TV, or get those morning hugs. Carter is having NONE of that. Complete not only with screaming, but smacking as well.

Oh yes, the toddler is coming out.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, he's making a visit to our house too. Ours comes in the form of, "OH, you'd like to get something done? Well then, I am upset and the one and ONLY thing that will settle me down is to have an extraordinary long nursing time."

9:31 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh yes- it's so fun to be loved & needed!!! Some days I just can not take the screeching any longer, tho!!!

: )

Steph

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I am going through the same thing with my Alexander. And my in-laws are visiting and this is not going over well!!
You are an inspiraton with your 3 boys... !!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

9:59 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Only my toddler is allowed to sit on my lap or there is SHREIKING. So I KNOW what you're talking about!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Happi said...

He's here too!!! Don't you just LOVE this age? It's so fun and yet so frustrating...all at the same time!

7:37 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hello, toddler! Good times, good times...

7:42 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Oh yeah! Mark is my clingy one, but since he turned 2 it's been easier.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Sweet and awful all at once :)

Pretty soon school is going to start up and he will be so pleased to have you all to himself!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TheBeast gets jealous when SlowMo hugs or kisses me too. She hasn't fallen into the whole "mine" thing, but she will tattle tail like it's no ones business!!! And she can't even talk!!!! She comes over pointing her little finger and babbling away!

9:15 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Fun days! I remember a mom who just came home from China with a new daughter having that problem. She wrote "You must share the Mommy". I love that. I don't wish for those days again.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

I'm so there too! Zachary is in the I want to do everything the BIG kids are doing. And if I can't I'll completely FREAK out! Poor little guy doesn't want to be left out of anything.

And all 3 of them fight over my lap...or who gets to sit beside daddy at dinner. Fun.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those days! We have our moments when X decides that his Papa and I can't hug or kiss. Although right now I'm nursing X and his baby doll on his insistence so there is hope!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was that you Robin on McCool 2 days ago, turning around for the stopped train??? I didn't think of who could be waving at me, until half way down the road. I guess the sun glasses threw me off, and not knowing what kind of vehicle you drive. Sorry I didn't stop to say "hi", if it was you. :) D's mom

11:42 PM  
Blogger Life With All Boys said...

No, not me. Do I have a twin out there!?!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home