Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day #2

Last year it was so hard for me to let Monte stand out at the bus stop alone even though I could see him. This year it's better since Hunter is there too. I don't know what I'll do once there is a house on the corner and I can't see them anymore from my deck.

Monte declared after the first day that Mr. Guy Teacher is his favorite teacher. EVER. He is SOOOO cool Mom. Mr. Guy Teacher is 2 years younger than me, and played football with the boys at recess. He also loves racing and Monte wore a race car shirt yesterday. And yes, Monte did that on purpose. What a little brown nose he is!!
Hunter loved his teacher and was happy to find he is the only Hunter in his class this year. Last year there was another and he's happy not to have a letter after his name anymore. But he did come home with a note saying that because there is SO many first graders they are adding another class so there aren't 30 kids in each class. I agree that's too many, but we met his teacher, we like her, there are kids in his class he is friends with. No one wants to change now. We are just praying it all works out for the best.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I bet if they wanted to move him and you expressed how much you liked the first teacher they would let him stay... I would hope so at least.

Enjoy your time with Carter, and three-hour naps, woo hoo!

(I also wanted to ask you at what age you put Monte into speech therapy, and if he sounded similar to Avery's situation - allthingsavery@hotmail.com if you don't want to leave it in a comment)

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great that he loves his teacher!! There really needs to be more male teachers. I've been lucky in the past and SlowMo has always been picked up right at our house, otherwise I'd worry!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger InTheFastLane said...

Wow. I took a look at your pictures and judging by those flagpoles in your pictures, I think you live just blocks from me. Maybe you on one the east side of one city and us on the east side of another? I am pretty sure I pass those flagpoles all the time. Feel free to e-mail me.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

I think it's great for kids to have a few male teachers. So sweet that he really likes him!

I have a 1st grader as well. WE have about 20 kids in the class. It is kinda weird not having a Kindergartener any more. She does have a few friends from last year in her class. We start next week! Can't they stay in Kindergarten forever? :-(

10:12 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh man. Hope they keep their teachers. Especially cool guy teacher. :)

That's cool that you can see the bus stop from your backyard.

7:02 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I would love for one of mine to have a man teacher. I think he'll have a GREAT year. Mine would think they hit the lottery if they had a teacher who would play football with them!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh yeah- I hope he gets to stay. We met Noah's teacher last night and I LOVE HER! She is the type of teacher that makes YOU want to be a teacher, too... this will be a great school year!

Steph

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home