Saturday, January 05, 2008

Just So You Know, I Am Still Alive

Don't let this picture fool you. Carter hates the snow. He just happens to have this cheesy little smile he does everytime he sees a camera. This was taken after our first snow fall of the year. I was so excited to take him out and see what he thought. Not impressed. He wouldn't move, and his brother put some snow on his jacket and he freaked out. To this day when he looks outside and sees the snow he makes an ugly face (which is really kinda cute) and points and whines at it.
Two days after Christmas one of my children had the nerve to say to me "I'm bored". And I'm not embarrassed to tell you that I sounded like my mother when I said, "You have hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas presents and you can't find anything to do? I'll give you something to do". Well, they did find something for that afternoon, and then the snow fell. About a foot to be exact. Oh wonderful snow. Entertained two rowdy boys and their neighborhood friends for several days. And let me tell you the joy I felt watching those boys play. (from the warmth of my kitchen that is) The best was the football. Two on two, and apparently tackling was highly encouraged. Even if it meant a face full of snow. Silly boys. As a little girl if someone had shoved my face in the snow I would have gone in the house crying. But when they came in hours later, soaking wet through all their snow gear asking for hot chocolate, I knew they had a little bit of me in them after all.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh that picture- he has gotten even cuter! I didn't think that was possible! I can't wait until my boys can stay out all day in the snow! My Carter gets tired of it too quickly right now.

Steph

4:21 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

My little guy has the same coat! So do this other blogger friends little boy! We must have all be shopping at Old Navy=)

He is so cute=)

Too bad mine don;t like to stay out for more than 10 minutes, which makes it not worth getting them all bundled up.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh so cute, how big he's getting! miss you guys!

5:14 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I heard the "I'm bored" moan and repeated the age-old mantra of "I'll give you something to do, and it isn't gonna be fun!" Wish my kids had been healthy when the snow was fresh!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Carrington said...

What a cute post! This snow thing is all new to me, and I didn't live around it growing up so its so cute to hear this story and look forward to the day Capri can do this! Miss you!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

welcome back! Please don't stay away too long. Carter has those cheeks that you just want to pinch..too cute for words.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I've been hearing the "I'm bored" bit too. And she's even had a birthday since Christmas. I know what you mean about sounding just like our mothers.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

And I meant to say, in response to your comment, that we're about three hours away from our families now. It doesn't sound like it's very far but we were used to having everyone within 5 minutes so it's definitely an adjustment!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cheesy smile! TheBeast does the same thing!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

After Christmas I got the whole "I'm bored" thing too. Glad school is back in session!

Carter is a cutie pie. And Mark hates snow too unless he's on the driveway shoveling it.

Lori

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home