Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Good Times With Friends

Sunday afternoon I got to escape for a few hours in the afternoon to see a movie with a friend and her Mom. It was a cute movie, but it was great to get out. I can't remember the last movie I saw in the theater that wasn't for kids. Not that I don't like taking the boys, because I do, but I forgot how nice it is to sit with adults, and watch something without someone narrating the movie for you in your ear. So thank you ladies for a wonderful afternoon. I'm going to have to do that more often.

On the way to my escape I dropped Hunter off at his friends house down the street, where he had a WONDERFUL time. They have a HUGE, gorgeous yard with 2 apple trees. Hunter was in heaven. He's even asked me a few times since we moved if we could have an apple tree like at our old house. His friends Mom let the boys pick apples, as many as they wanted. Hunter came home with 27! He said he ate 2 there as well. They might not be pretty, but boy are they crunchy and DELICIOUS!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

I can remember well the last non-children's movie I went to see at the theatre - it was the Matrix and I was due to have the girl in three days.
Yep. Need to go to the movies more often, I think.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I haven't seen a movie since before I was pregnant!
I might be ready. Maybe :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

It was so nice to get out! Must do it again soon! And those apples look wonderful!

Steph

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

I had such a good time with you and Steph...great movie. I haven't had a good apple in so long, makes me want one now...my husband likes baked apples...I core it and put lots of butter and cinnamon down inside and bake for about 30 min...you can also microwave them.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it's apple pie time!! So glad you had time out of the house!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I heard it was a good time!! :)

Lori

3:39 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

My boys LOVE apples! They want a tree so bad, but I don't think they grow this far south.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

My kids love to pick apples as well. We used to live near an Apple Orchard and it was our favorite place in the fall. :-)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home