Friday, September 07, 2007

They Are All So Different

Wednesday was back to school night at the boys school. I had already met their teachers, but I was really looking forward to going. The boys couldn't wait to show off their classrooms, their desks, and the cool things they had made for us parents.

Monte is my quiet one. A people pleaser. He would give up his favorite toy if he thought it would make you happy. He's more laid back, more go with the flow. He always hangs back a bit in a crowd, and said hello to his teacher once he told Monte hello.

Hunter on the other hand walks into the room as if he owns it. Hello Mrs. Teacher, he announced as we walked in. Hello Mr. Principle as we walked into the cafeteria for refreshments. He is bold, he is confident. He knows who he is, and doesn't care what others think.

I've always loved the differences between them. And even now in Carter I can see how he is like them in some ways, but in others I'm treading on a whole new territory.

8 Comments:

Blogger InTheFastLane said...

It is what keeps us on our toes and makes us appreciate them as the individuals they are.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Matt and Mark are TOTAL opposites and I welcome the difference because if I was around someone just like me, I may drive myself nuts! :)

Lori

2:35 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

It IS neat how differen they all are, isn't it? I sort of expected The Baby to be like at least one of her siblings, but NOoooooo.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing these differences in my kids is something I have really looked forward to. I already see some in how Robby is compared to Sam as an infant. Can't wait to see what is in store.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you love birth order!! It's cool to watch kids come from the same parents but be so different.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

I understand what you are saying. My boys are the same. The pre-school teacher put it best. Caleb is just so "big" in his presence and Brayden is "smaller".

And everyday we are seeing more of Andrews personalty.

1:47 PM  
Blogger louann said...

Hi! I came by through Shana. I have a certain admiration for mom with all boys. I have 2 myself.
I could not agree more with this post. In fact, conincidentally, I wrote a post all about our children being different yet so special because of their being unique.

1:29 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

It always amazes me to see their little personalities. I have three completely different ones over here too.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home