Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Braces. Already?

Monte is seeing an orthodontist today. We've been told for a couple years now that he is going to need braces. He has a cross bite, his pallet is too small, and there is not enough room for anymore adult teeth once he looses the rest of his baby teeth. My husband has perfect teeth without ever having braces. They are straight, he has a perfect bite, I think has only had one cavity in his entire life, and he is the only person I know that has all his wisdom teeth and actually has the room for them. It's sickening, I know. But I had braces, so I have always anticipated my children might need braces. Lets face it. The majority of kids need braces. At this point I'm just hoping at least one of my boys will have gotten his Dad's teeth. These braces are going to put us in the poor house.

I got my reminder phone call for the appointment yesterday. It started something like this.

Me - Hello?

Receptionist - Is your mom there?

Me - I AM THE MOM!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

HA! That is funny. You must sound as young as you look.
I had braces too. I actually had just about everything that comes with braces as well. The binator, rubber bands, retainer, and something experimental on me, jasper jumpers! Such fun.
I really hope my boys get my husbands teeth as well!
Good luck!

9:58 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Too funny!!! I love that. I have had braces 3 times! I know we will be walking that road soon, as well.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, my Luke doesn't even have enough room in his mouth for the baby teeth he has! Maybe Monte will get a big raise before you actually have to start paying for them.

I ALWAYS get asked if my mom is home- even when I'm answering the front door! It's very frustrating. We say, "I don't know, she might be, should I call her and find out for you? She lives in Denver."

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuck! I hope everything goes well, we'll be praying that everything works out financially. I ALWAYS get asked if my mom is home, especially when the docs office calls!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I have been on the other end when I worked at a dental office. I learned real quick to ask for the parent by FIRST name no matter what!

Steve had the option to get dental coverage and we figure if Matt needs ortho work in two years, better get it now!

Lori

7:27 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

That's funny...I can remember when Steph had Noah, we would be at the mall and people thought I was the mom....You will appreciate that later in life that someone thought you were younger.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home