Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy 10 Years

It hardly seems possible, but today me and Monte have been married for 10 years. 10 years is a big deal to me. Such a milestone. 1 job change, 4 moves, and 3 amazing little boys later, here we are. And I can't imagine being anywhere else. The road has not always been sunshine and rainbows, but I'm proud of the way we have always worked together to get through anything.

I was 20, and he was 19 when we found out I was pregnant. We both freaked out a bit (naturally) but he never faltered. He was committed to being a dad, to being a husband. We eloped when I was 7 months along. Told no one. Not even our best friends. I've never once regretted this decision. I love that it was just us. Our own private ceremony. I might not have worn a white dress, he didn't wear a tux, we didn't stand up in front of 200 friends and family, but we meant our vows just the same.

This picture was taken 2 summers ago at his boss' wedding. When Carter was born his wife framed this 5x7 picture for me.

18 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary! 10 years is wonderful, you should be VERY proud of that number:) You two make a beautiful couple! No wonder the boys are so handsome!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! 10 years is a big deal these days.

Cute picture! But make sure you get an updated one too... I don't have a picture of just me and Kyle since Avery was born, and I suspect you don't get many either :)

Enjoy your day!!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Happy ten years! Good work, you guys - you have a beautiful family.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Happy Anniversary! What a special story you have to share. I am sometimes envious of those who actually eloped...

Steph

1:06 PM  
Blogger InTheFastLane said...

Congratulations! Here's to plenty more anniversaries to come.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Happi said...

Congratulations! This is a big milestone for the two of you. Thank you for sharing a little bit of your story with us. : ) I hope you get to get out and do something special, just the two of you.
Blessings,
Happi

8:31 PM  
Blogger louann said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy more years together :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

YAY!!! :)

Happy 10 and more to come!!

Lori

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Go you...

4:04 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great story.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Toes said...

Happy 10th! You have a beautiful family to prove your love for one another. It doesn't matter about the big wedding and hoopla, just so you guys are happy.

2:12 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Happy anniversary! Ten years is a big deal, I agree. Double digits baby.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 10 years IS a big deal!!! You better get some bling!! LOL. You eloped? How romantic!!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten Happy Years....You guys Rawk!
That's longer than every big hollywood marriage put together!

I just discovered you! Where have I been? Under a rock!

I have all boys, too!
9,6,3,13 mo. & one on the way!

Aren't boys great?

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to 110 more wonderful years!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

10 years is a huge deal! Congratulations! Your wedding sounds very romantic and intimate, just the way it is supposed to be. Hope you two make time to celebrate!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated!) anniversary, Robin! I hope you guys were able to enjoy your dinner out!

And how fun it must have been to elope! Sooo romantic!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful testament of a loving marriage. Not always easy, but nothing worth having ever it.
Happy Anniversary!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home